23 October, 2006

Ohio State

The one good thing about being an Ohio sports fan...the Buckeyes continue to dominate. Luckily, a friend of mine subscribes to DirecTV's sports pack, so I was able to see the game....it was OSU's most complete effort all season. All facets worked very well (of course, it was Indiana)....Troy Smith, barring a Cooper (or Greg Norman) like collapse, will win the Heisman. I do not think, in 26+ years on this planet, I've ever been able to say OSU has the best QB in the nation....well, enjoy this Buckeye fans, because our QB is the best player in all of college football. The running game continues to be solid (led by the seemingly unnoticed Antonio Pittman), two TE's caught touchdowns, many recievers (8, I believe) caught a pass, and the defense may be showing that Tressel knows how to produce an elite defense, year after year (with major credit to Jim Heacock and Luke Fickell). And yes, it pains me to say this, I hope scUM is unbeaten on November 18...nothing is sweeter than ruining a Wolverine season...of course, nothing is sadder than a season ruined by UM (ex. 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1969, etc.).

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

That funny that you put those dates down there. I was in school for three of those (1993, 1995, 1996 - by far the most painful). I suppose that is the reason I really don't have a cocky attitude about OSU. I always have to worry about eating my words in November. I have relaxed quite a bit these days because I just trust Jim Tressel to get the job done. Still, I hope Michigan loses every game. I would care less if they lost every game the rest of this year and came into Columbus unranked. It won't effect our national title hopes at all, and it would still ruin their season.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Bernie said...

Remmebering the pain of those years, nothing would hurt scUM more than to lose to tOSU when 11-0. I was a little cocky when we rolled into Ann Arbor last year, but this year I'm taking a game-by-game approach (has Tressel influenced the fans as well?). UM one of the two best teams in the country, as anyone not named Mark May can see...should be a hell of a duel November 18.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home