13 October, 2006

Brent Musburger

It seems that in order to be a true Buckeye fan, one must hate Brent Musburger. I admit, there was a time I despised listening to this man call a sporting event (I think it was when he was paired with Bob Griese, but that's another story). I've even seem him referred to as the worst sports commentator on television. I have to disagree, and yes, I have several reasons for doing so. One, Brent seems to enjoy calling Buckeye games. I do not believe he is biased against tOSU, in fact, based on calls he has made ("Kaiser" Wilhelm, "Holy Buckeye", etc.) I could make the case Brent likes our Buckeyes. Two, when compared to pieces of shit like Dan Fouts (remember the OSU-Miami Fiesta Bowl, quit slurping the Winslows Dan) and Bob Griese (calling his own son's games and clearly rooting for UM against tOSU in 1996 and '97), is Brent really so bad (and don't get me started on Pam Ward, Tim Brant, Ed Cummingham, Mark May, Lou Holtz, Le Corso, Mark Jones, etc. etc.) compared to most college football broadcatsers, analysts and "experts" for ESPN/ABC? Third, Brent seems to enjoy the game...as every broadcaster should...they have a great job, traveling the country to watch and talk about college football! Fourth, and this one is just fun, he pisses off USC. Seriuosly people, get your heads out of your surfer asses. Remember when, during the Texas game, Brent and Kirk talked about Troy tapping his head to indicate single coverage to Ginn? Same deal, and there was not a giant outcry in C-bus. With all the love SC gets from Disney (cough, cough...Mark May!) should they not take all the good with one little bit of bad...for all of us, just shut the hell up! Anyway, Brent is not so bad, besides, he's better than Keith jackson forgetting the down and distance and what state he's in.

2 Comments:

Blogger pojo said...

Overall, I no doubt think Musberger is an Ohio State fan...

no doubt in my mind...when he's calling a game that OSU is involved in...he seems rabidly involved in rooting them on. I actually have no problem with that...

per se.

But when I watched the Georgia Tech v. Notre Dame game this year, and watched him slurp a little bit of their WR's stuff...it made me a bit sick to my stomach.

I don't hate Brent as much as some do...

but there are days when I just can't listen...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Bernie said...

Know the feeling...Brent does like to suck up, but I feel he's tame compared to some (Mark May, Dan Fouts, Bob Griese). And everyone for ESPN/ABC is very annoying about ND, maybe I should send them my copy of the 2006 Fiesta Bowl....

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home