11 October, 2006

Why I no longer read the Plain Dealer.....

Roger Brown. What a tool. This article is over one year old, but I just found it yesterday (thanks, Deadspin). I hated this guy from the first time I read his columns, but I did not know why....this article will give you more insight. Yes, he can be critical in a sometimes soft media town...but criticism should ahve some basis in fact and logic, not based on the whims of a former entertainment writer who considers men like Joe Theismann, Le Corso and John Kruk experts in their respective sports. He is Cleveland's version of Jay Mariotti. There are still some good writers at the PD, but I get the same info from the Columbus Dispatch and Akron Beacon Journal. Just compare the ABJ with the PD: Pluto vs. Livingston/Shaw/Brown; Windhorst v. Wright are both clearly in favor of little brother, while Ocker v. Hoynes and Ridneour v. Lesmeris are a wash. Now, I'm not a huge fan of McManahon, but the Plain Dealer does not identify the author of an article in its link, so I have neglected to read Grossi (who at the very least deserves our loyalty as the man who refused to endorse Art Modell for the hall of Fame despite being the writer charged with said task). Just my two cents....

2 Comments:

Blogger pojo said...

I am a believer in the Akron Beacon Journal, and Pluto himself outdoes the entire Plain Dealer. For some reason though, it doesn't stop me from reading it though.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Internet Creatures said...

Jay Mariotti is the scourge of the Mid West.

Sign our petition to have the douchebag fired.

http://firethefucktard.blogspot.com

thanks,
the internet creatures

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home