13 October, 2006

This weekend

No Browns game...which means we won't lose!

The Buckeyes are #1 (as you all know) and head to East Lansing to take on Michigan State. The last two times we were #1 facing MSU, we lost (1974 and 1998). This time, however, should be different. I am a little nervous, but remember this...in 1974, controversial calls and 30 minutes of deliberation by the officials and Big Ten Commissioner Wayne Duke conspired to cost tOSU a winning TD (Woody tried to argue, but to no avail); and in 1998, I could feel the weels coming off and the necks tightening in Columbus...I will never forget that day; not feeling comfortable with a 17 point lead, despite having one of the more talented teams in recent college football history, knowing Cooper would find a way to blow a game before the end of the season. And, MSU and Nick Saban that year. Now, we have Jim Tressel, while they have slap-happy John L. Smith...big advantage OSU. I'm thinking 34-21, Buckeyes.

1 Comments:

Blogger pojo said...

Of course...I have worries every week. I don't really have many about this game...not any more than I usually do. With Cooper...we always came to the game thinking the worst...that he'd find a way to blow it. And if he didn't...he'd find a way to lose to Michigan, or in the bowl game...or heaven forbid...both. I think OSU will win this game. But check out the Dojo for more...later tonight.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home