01 November, 2006

NHL

As a typical NE Ohio sports fan, my favorite sports writer is Terry Pluto (by a fairly wide margin). There are others, both local and national, that I enjoy reading. One of those is ESPN's NHL writer John Buccigross. This is a link to his latest column. Living in Florida, as a Blue Jackets fan, I don't spend too much time talking about hockey (perennially disappointing team, no Center Ice package, Jackets are rarely on VS or NBC). I will attend games when in Columbus (generally around Christmas or the new year), but I follow football, Indians baseball and OSU/Cavs basketball much more closely. Unlike many cynical columnists throughout the country, Buccigross has an obvious passion for the game he covers. He enjoys the sport and conveys that enjoyment in his writing. His columns add to my enjoyment of hockey, so in that way, I think he is somewhat similar to Pluto. If you've never read his columns before, do yourself a favor and read a few.

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

I'm with you. I think Bucci is one of the best sports writers I've read. Some people complain about his indie-rock obsession, but it wouldn't be him without it.

The passion he has, not just for the NHL, but for college junior/pee-wee/mite hockey as well is very evident in his work.

Nice job here. I saw the blog title in my stats, and I knew it had to be a Cleveland fan before I even came to the site.

Keep up the good work.

Drew

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home