30 October, 2006

The weekend

The Browns actually looked like a professional offense this weekend. It's amazing what a new perspective can bring , and it's also amazing how much impact a healthy Leigh Bodden had on the rest of the defense. Frye had one of his better games, Droughns looked the best he has since last November, and the O-Line played its best game of the season. Maximizing strengths and minimizing weaknesses; good start for the Jeff Davidson era. The bad news: with the schedule the next few weeks, even with a seemingly improving team, another win may be weeks away.

The Cavs...more coming tomorrow or Wednesday; should be a fun season.

The Buckeyes...what else can I say? We're all anticipating Ohio State-Michigan now; all of college football seems to be in a holding pattern. These teams are a clear 1 and 2. No one except Michigan can beat the Buckeyes, and no one except tOSU can beat the Wolverines. Oh, and the best moment from the weekend...

Winning the Masters may be more emotional, but Jack Nicklaus still got a lump in his throat while dotting the "i" during the Ohio State marching band's halftime rendition of Script Ohio.
"I'm always a pretty emotional guy, and to have something like this ... Ohio State has meant so much to my life, and Columbus," said Nicklaus, who left college early to turn professional in 1961. He has since received an honorary degree from OSU.
Nicklaus walked arm-in-arm with the drum major to the designated spot and waved to the crowd.
"I guess it went well," he said. "I got my part right ... A fraternity brother of mine sent me a baton the other day that was probably 40 years old and said, 'I want you to practice with this. I don't want you to embarrass any of us.' "


I'm not embarrassed at all to say it was very dusty in my house when ABC showed Nicklaus completing Script Ohio....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home